p1 Life Buttons
Purpose: This manual explains the purpose of each of the buttons on the Policy screen.
NOTE: Below is a screenshot of the available buttons on the Policy screen. Each button has a security control, and can be added or removed from a specific users profile by the system administrator.
1. Basic – The Basic button shows the basic policy information on a screen that is
displayed below the available buttons. The list of data that is displayed includes
information like application signed date, policy issued date, loan amount.
2. Billing – The Billing button shows the billing type (pre-authorized checking, CC, Waiver
of Premium), billing draw day, bill mode (monthly, semi, quarterly, annual) on a screen
that is displayed below the available buttons.
3. Restrict Billing – The restrict billing button displays dates that the billing has been
restricted on a screen below the available buttons. This would be used by customer
care only if a customer called with a hardship.
4. Quote Cancel – The quote cancel button is used by customer care to calculate the
amount of a refund that would be owed to a customer if they wanted to cancel their
5. Cancellation – The cancellation button is used to cancel a policy. This is only used
when a customer calls a customer care rep and asks to have the policy cancelled.
6. Quote Reinstate – The quote reinstate button is used after a cancellation, if the
customer calls back changing their mind. There is a limited amount of time that they
can reinstate their policy. This button will tell you the amount of money that is required
to reinstate the policy.
7. Reinstate – The reinstate button would be used after the policy has been cancelled but
the customer has requested to be reinstated. Both the quote reinstate and reinstate
appear to not be available while the policy is in a premium paying status.
8. Upon Death – The upon death button is an informational button at this point. There
are notes that are displayed that explain what this button will eventually do.
9. Chg Restrict Dates – The chg restrict dates is the button that would be used when a
customer calls in with a hardship. This allows the customer care representative to
restrict billing within a certain date range, without changing the status of the policy.
10. Direct Bill To PAC – This button is only available if the policy is on direct bill. Direct
bill is a bill type that will cause the policy to not bill. This can be used as a temporary
status if the customer wants to delay their billing. Clicking the direct bill to PAC would
enable billing again. PAC is pre-authorized checking. Billing would be enabled the night
that the button is clicked.
11. PAC to Direct Bill – This is the button that the customer care rep would use to
temporarily disable billing. You also have the option to change the customer payment
draw say when making this change. At this point, you can select draw day 0 which will
add the policy number to a report, so that it is not forgotten in this status. This only
works for customers on PAC, not credit card. Only one of these buttons will be enabled
at a time.
12. Comments – This is for notes the customer care rep needs to save to the policy. Any
changes to the account should have a note saved so the next person accessing the
account knows what happened. You have two options available when selecting this
button; Add or View. When adding a comment you must hit the tab button after you
are finished with your note to enable the save button.
13. Relationships – This button shows everyone that is associated to the policy; Insured,
Owner and Payor. This screen gives you the ability and options to make modifications
to each of these.
14. Manage Cash – This is probably the button with the highest security controls. This
button has a sub-menu that has 13 buttons available. I will explain those at the end of
the document. This menu controls all cash functions within the application.
15. Undo AIO Premium – AIO is defined as “Automatic Increase Option”. This is a life
insurance that is available in the UK. The Undo AIO Premium would create a reverse
premium record, or refund. This would be used by customer care only if the customer
called to cancel this specific rider.
16. Undo All Premium – This would reverse all of the premium that has been collected
and create a refund for the customer. This is generally only used if there is a new
insurance policy written, and the coverage has been denied after premium has been
17. Freeze AIO – This would give the customer care representative the option to
temporarily freeze the AIO premium. AIO increases yearly after the first 10 years the
policy has been inforce.
18. Diary Activity – This will show any Diary activity on the policy. The Diary activity is
created within the comments section, with diary dates (follow up date) and Diary User
(specific customer care rep).
19. DocuRead – This is a document storage system. All documents that are printed from
or scanned to a specific policy can be viewed from this button.
20. Policy Schedule – This button generates a letter for the customer with their policy
schedule of payments.
21. Bank Information – This button shows all bank information for the policy. It has all
changes that have been made, and allows you to change the current bank information.
22. Underwriting Notes – This will allow you to add or view underwriting notes to the
23. Beneficiaries – This button allows you to view or modify beneficiaries. You can make
changes to the proceed %, beneficiary type. Etc.
24. Acctg History – This button was added with our last acquisition. This button shows all
billing records that happened for the policy prior to when our company owned them.
25. Acctg Balances – This button was also added after our last acquisition. This button
shows the status of the billing record from prior to conversion to our billing system.
26. Chg Draw Day – This allows the customer to change the draw day, or the day that
they are billed. Available days are 1 through 28. Changing to 0 will keep the policy in a
premium paying status, but will not create a billing record for any month the policy is on
draw day zero.
27. App Track – coming soon.
28. Letters – This buttons shows only letters that were generated by our application.
These letters may also be stored within Docu-Read, but not all of the letters that are in
Docu-Read are in the letters button, since docuread can have customer correspondence.
29. Extend Policy Lapse – This button allows you to extend the number of days before a
policy will lapse. Every policy has a 31 day lapse, or grace period. If there is a problem
with the billing, or a system issue that causes a delay in billing the rep may extend the
lapse period. A lapse period is also extended when a state of emergency is declared for
a specific region.
30. Chg Claim Status – This button is used to update the status when a death claim has
been filed. There are several statuses that the policy goes through during this process;
claim pending, death claim reported, death claim denied, death.
31. Policy Audit Trail – This is a history of the policy. It shows all changes to the policy,
who made the changes and what date the changes were made.
32. Correspondence – This button will bring up a list of letters that are available to be
generated for the policy. Once generated the letter will include the policy specific
information, and will be placed in a pending status to be printed in the next batch.
33. Chg Billing Method – This button allows the rep to change the way the policy is billed;
Direct Bill (which is a temporary way to not bill), Pre authorized Checking, Credit Card
and Waiver of Premium. WP can only be selected if the customer has this specific rider
and had been placed on disability.
34. Chg Balance Status – This button allows the rep to change the status of an Unpaid
35. Conv to Whole Life – This button is still in the works. It will eventually allow the rep
to convert a term life policy to whole life. Right now this function is with IT and is
36. Waiver of Premium – This is for customers who have the waiver of premium rider and
have been placed on disability. This allows the rep to set the waiver dates. During the
dates that the waiver has been set, billing records will be generated and will
automatically be set to paid. No billing will be sent to the customer.
37. Change Pymt Mode – This allows the rep to change the frequency of billing; monthly,
quarterly, semi-annual and annually. The new premium is displayed as well as the date
the change will take effect. The change will not happen until the customers next billing
38. Credit Card Info – This button doesn’t display any information. Our system currently
doesn’t store CC information.
39. Rebill Policy – This button is used when a policy is behind and an additional billing
record needs to be generated. This is generally used after a policy is taken off direct
40. View Bill Response – This shows all of the billing records and the status. This screen
helps with troubleshooting billing issues.
41. Whole Life Loan – This button is available only for whole life policies. Loans are
available to customers who have a whole life policy. This button only tracks the initial
amount of the loan.
42. Claims – This button allows the rep to add claim information to the policy.
43. YRT Test Quote – This button displays a price quote for the YRT (Yearly Renewable
Term) policies. This is new functionality where an existing policy will have the premium
increase after the initial set period of the term. This allows the customer to renew their
policy on a yearly basis. This button displays the premium for each year.
44. YRT Quote – This button displays the premium for each year for a YRT policy.
45. YRT Response – This button will display the response information that is received from
the customer regarding their YRT offer.
46. YRT Information – This button will display the YRT Offer.
47. Docu-Read Letters – This button shows letters that have been printed from the
system and saved to Docu-Read. This allows the rep to reprint the letter without
changing the date information that is stored within the letter.